Saturday, January 12, 2008

White Chocolate Bounty


The inspiration for today’s recipe comes again from Dagmar’s food blog. A few days before Christmas, Dagmar posted a wonderful Homemade Bounty recipe that I really wanted to try. I didn’t want my bounties to be the exact copy of the chocolate bars available in shops though. The original Bounty bars are covered either with milk or dark chocolate (this one is harder to obtain in Poland thought). I came up with the idea of using white chocolate instead. Another adjustment I’ve made was adding vanilla extract to the coconut filling. The result was absolutely delicious!!! White chocolate, coconut and vanilla is absolutely divine blend of flavors!!! The coconut filling came out a little softer than the one in the original Bounty bar, but it didn’t influence its wonderful taste.

White Chocolate Bounty
( based on Dagmar's Homemade Bounty recipe)

200 g unsweetened shredded coconut
100 ml heavy cream
70 g icing sugar
70 g unsalted butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
200 g white chocolate

1. In a big bowl combine coconut and icing sugar.
2. Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over low heat ,stirring occasionally, until the butter has melted. Add vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the coconut and sugar. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
3. Using your hands, shape little balls of mixture. The balls will be a little hard to form, try to do it by pressing small amounts of mixture together.
4. Place the balls on a parchment lined baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.

5. Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering water or in the microwave. Using a toothpick dip each ball in the warm melted chocolate, place the balls on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge for 30-60 min to allow the chocolate harden before serving.

The bounties should be stored in the refrigerator.

Przepis po polsku:
Bounty w białej czekoladzie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look so good! I love white chocolate!

Dagmar said...

What a lovely idea using white chocolate and vanilla! I'm glad that you liked them!

Anonymous said...

They look delicious. I'll have to try this recipe. Aneta

Karolina Beaudet said...

Anali: I hadn't really appreciate white chocolate until I met my husband. He loves white chocolate too:)Thanks to him, I've discovered a number of wonderful white chocolate recipes. I'll certainly post some of them in the future;)

Dagmar: Thank you for the recipe:) I've made them with milk chocolate too and they're also delicious!!!

Aklat: Thank you!!! Hope you'll like them as much as I do:)