Notes to the recipe : The original recipe called for cheddar cheese. I used
Poppy Seed Tartlets with Cherry Tomatoes
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
2-3 tbsp iced water
For the filling:
24 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
270 ml milk
fresh basil leaves
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the butter and rub together with your fingertips until crumbly.
- Add poppy seeds, iced water and form a dough ball.
- Roll out the pastry on lightly floured surface and cut out twelve circles ( 5 inches each).
- Transfer to muffin pan, pressing down gently.
- Cover with parchment paper and fill with a layer of dried beans.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to
390 F (200 C).
- Remove the tartlets from the fridge and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, remove the beans and parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the tomatoes on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the flour and stir until combined.
- Add milk, little by little, stirring thoroughly to avoid lumps.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- Stir in ricotta cheese.
- Place two cherry tomatoes into each tartlet. Top with 1-2 tbsp béchamel sauce. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Makowe tartaletki z pomidorkami koktajlowymi